It premiered on September 8, 2017, along with the rest of Season 4
Bojack volunteers to go get it but instead goes to a bar. He ends up staying there well into the night. He leaves and rear ends two cars as he does. He arrives home and Hollyhock asks where the milk is.
The next day Bojack wakes up and goes to get milk from the fridge. Hollyhock tells him that they're using it to make breakfast. Bojack makes an excuse and leaves but ends up just parking on Mulholland drive. Princess Carolyn meets with Courtney Portnoy who tells her that she's looking for new representation. Princess Carolyn is afraid that she's going to get fired but Courtney tells her that she fired her agents and that she's now working with Rutabaga Rabitowitz.
Rutabaga wants Courtney to have a big wedding and he wants to do it the weekend before her movie drops. Which happens to be the upcoming weekend. Todd Chavez says that he doesn't know if he actually wants to get married. Princess Carolyn says that they can draw up a sham marriage contract and that he'd stay married for three years and get a huge payout at the end.
Bojack arrives home to find Hollyhock and Beatrice Horseman bent over a baby doll. Bojack tells Hollyhock to not indulge Beatrice's delusions. He says that usually he just puts a pillowcase over his mom's head. Todd tells his friends about marrying Courtney although he thinks its weird for an asexual to get married.
Beatrice is cooking eggs while Hollyhock sits at the counter. Bojack is jealous of the doll and the attention that Beatrice is giving it. Bojack grabs the doll from Beatrice and starts to taunt her with it. Hollyhock tries to get him to give it back but instead, he tosses it over the railing. Beatrice then breaks down crying. Bojack goes for a drive and goes back to the bar. He decides to go to Diane Nguyen for help. He shows up at Diane and Mr. Peanutbutter house but decides not to let Diane see him drunk. Mr. Peanutbutter was going to drive Bojack home but then suddenly sends everyone home and decides to spend the rest of the day with Bojack.
Princess Carolyn and Rutabaga are trying to get the wedding organized. One of the assistants tells them that Meryl Streep is retiring and that her party is the same day as the wedding. They try to come up with a plan to have her postpone it. Rutabaga suggests that they pitch her to do a Nutty Professor 2 type of movie where Meryl plays all the parts in the film. Mr. Peanutbutter and Bojack arrive back home so that Mr. Peanutbutter can get a sniff of Beatrice so that they can go find the doll. Mr. Peanutbutter points them in the direction of a house and Felicity Huffman answers. She has the doll but refuses to give it back.
Diane and Roxy are talking when Todd shows up. He asks for advice about getting married. She tells him that marriage is a lie as you can't promise someone that you'll be with them forever. He thanks her because he now has a lot to think about. Bojack and Mr. Peanutbutter ring Felicity's doorbell again.
Bojack tries to explain the situation to her but she tells him that he's not getting the doll back because of all the previous things he's thrown over the railing. He agrees to appear on her show if she gives him the doll back. She agrees. Rutabaga and Princess Carolyn get Meryl Streep. Bojack and Mr. Peanutbutter go to the bar to celebrate getting the doll back. Mr. Peanutbutter asks about Hollyhock and Bojack says that he thinks he's gonna screw everything up. Mr. Peanutbutter tells him that everyone deserves to be loved.
Rutabaga and Princess Carolyn toast each other for getting Meryl. They get a call from Todd who says that he can't marry Courtney because it would be a lie. Rutabaga and Princess Carolyn try to figure out how to spin this. Rutabaga says that they'll deal with it in the morning and that he has to go home to his family. Judah Mannowdog comes in and tells her that she's different and cares about people despite herself and that she'd be a wonderful mother. She asks him if he's just saying that and he says no. Princess Carolyn pulls out her purse and looks at the positive pregnancy test while Meryl Streep struggles in the box.
Bojack goes home and talks to Hollyhock. She asks him where he goes when he disappears all day. He tells her that he goes to a bar or for a drive. She says that he'd rather do that then spend time with her. He tells her that he's glad she's here and that whatever he does isn't her fault. She says she knows but she has a little voice in her head that tells her otherwise. She asks if it goes away and he lies and says yes it does.
- According to Bob-Waksberg, the episode was originally supposed to be told completely from Judah’s perspective. However, the writer’s room had a difficult time figuring out how this idea could sustain a whole episode and how Judah, who is almost always at Princess Carolyn’s side, could organically interact with the rest of the show’s characters. Bob-Waksberg realized that the most interesting brain to be in was BoJack's, and thus the episode centers around BoJack's inner thoughts.
- “We had kind of established before — well established at this point — that BoJack is not a guy you want to be or ahead you want to live in. We thought that it would be cool to really kind of push that and kind of explore what is it like to be living with that self-abuse all the time. How does that feel? And just kind of hear for an audience of no one, just himself, how hard he is on himself. How difficult it is to shut that voice out felt really interesting,” he said. “Allison did a really great job with that.”
- The song that plays during parts of BoJack inner monologues and during the end credits is "Blood in the Cut" by K.Flay.
- Beatrice sings something similar to “Beautiful Gals of 44’”, the song playing in the background in the first flashback to her childhood in The Old Sugarman Place, while making eggs for her baby doll, singing “Beautiful eggs of ‘44, for my baby want some more”.
- Beatrice and Tina now appear in the living room and the kitchen.
- Hollyhock has put a collage of photos of her and her dads on one of BoJack’s deck windows.
- Instead of Hollyhock eating a Pop-Tart, Beatrice gives her coffee in the kitchen.