|“||They want Sextina Aquafina baby!||”|
—Sextina Aquafina , “Prickly Muffin”
Sextina Aquafina is a teenage Dubstep wunderkid as described by A Ryan Seacrest Type and a minor recurring character in BoJack Horseman.
Little is known about Sextina's background. She was born circa 2000 (A Ryan Seacrest Type describes her as "a 14-year-old Dubstep wunderkind" in "Prickly-Muffin" which takes place in 2014.), and says she was a big fan of Sarah Lynn as a child.
In "Brrap Brrap Pew Pew", Diane becomes the ghostwriter for Sextina's Twitter account and accidentally tweets (as Sextina) that she's getting an abortion. The resulting controversy helps Sextina's career, and Sextina pretends that she had an abortion. In the end, Sextina actually does become pregnant and wants to keep the baby. As a result, Diane and Princess Carolyn work together to hide this pregnancy.
Sextina is a light blue dolphin. Unlike real life dolphins, she has human arms and legs. She wears eyeliner and lipstick. The colors of her makeup and her outfits vary from scenes and episodes.
- Her name is a close variant of pop singer Awkwafina although her music, visual style and videography (such as "Get Dat Fetus Kill Dat Fetus") are more similar to Rihanna, Nicki Minaj and Azealia Banks .
- She's based off a woman series creator Raphael Bob-Waksberg and animator Lisa Hanawalt knew in high school.
- She was a fan of Sarah Lynn growing up and listened to her music.
- She claims she has sex for pleasure because she’s a dolphin, which is true for real life dolphins.
- Daniele Gaither voiced Sextina in "Braap Braap Pew Pew" because Aisha Tyler was actually getting an abortion around the time the episode was made, and the topic was too sensitive to her.