Lenny Turteltaub is an anthropomorphic turtle and big-shot Hollywoo producer and a recurring character throughout BoJack Horseman. He is voiced by J.K Simmons
Lenny is in talks with Princess Carolyn to produce a movie about the last days of Eva Braun. However, when Vanessa Gekko steals the project out from under her, Princess Carolyn tanks that project and pitches Mr. Peanutbutter’s Hollywoo Heist, to Lenny instead. Lenny agrees to pitch the idea to Quentin Tarantulino and the film soon begins production, starring BoJack Horseman as the lead. However, Mr. Peanutbutter's Hollywoo Heist never wraps up filming, as the format changes multiple times.
Lenny is a dry-witted, monotone producer. His age is intended to be in his 50's but he said to have known a young Buster Keaton, so he has had to be a lot older in order for that to be true.
Being a producer, his main point in making movies is to make a lot of money for the business and get recognition, but he is not a careless producer who doesn't put any thought into anything in the film's story. He mainly looks for money, he doesn't care much for the films themselves. He doesn't care that Secretariat film was changed from being dark and gritty to being a family friendly and cheesy film.
- "Well, I'll say to you what I once said to a young Buster Keaton, 'What?'"
- Though Lenny's name is often misspelled as Lennie, show creater Raphael Bob-Waksberg has confirmed the correct spelling is Lenny Turteltaub.
- The name could be a riff on Jon Turteltaub, an American film director and producer or Harry Turtledove, an author known for alternate history.
- He claims to have worked with several old and deceased actors, meaning he is VERY old.
- He is Hebrew, but makes up several stereotypical words, which BoJack Horseman notices.